As you already know osTicket is a support ticket system which is very easy to use and free. Developers from osTicket are back, they fixed a few bugs and cleaned a little bit most of the code.
- Multilanguage client interface: You can add as many languages as you want for the client side.
- Error messages can be “catched” and identified by a unique MD5 key which you can translate it in your language file.
- You can configure the Ticket ID field to be a password field or just a text field for “security”.
- It comes with 2 cool, light and fully XHTML valid themes which you can easily modify colors and also the HTML because of it’s clean design.
- It has a built-in CAPTCHA module that will protect you from SPAM.
- Search tickets based only on ticket’s subject.
- Easy to install.
- Last but not least, it’s 100% free, but that doesn’t mean you are allowed to remove credits 😉
It has been tested a while now but it’s still on a beta stage, however, you might find some bugs and I’ll be happy to get some feedback from you. I didn’t include the Spanish language file this time, but I’ll do it someday 🙂 If you want to translate it to other language feel free to send me your language file and I’ll include it in the next release 😉
Here are some screenshots:
This specific version is a patched one from Nov/30/2010 which includes all the post-install instructions here, spanish translation included and all the patches needed to work with osTicket 1.6.0 (Stable), get it here: Download [download#4]
*** This is still very old news, keeping them there just for the archives ***
Are you still reading? Ok, you deserve it… Download [download#1] (Compatible with 1.6 RC5)
Necesitas el tema en español? Descarga el archivo [download#2]
When you uncompress the file it will create a directory called “client”, that directory should be copied to osTicket’s root dir and the rest of the installation instructions are in the README file, have fun!
** Post install notes and bug fix:
- The file thankyou.inc.php from this template has a code error in line 10: $ctlang->docatch($msg?) which should be changed for $ctlang->docatch($msg)?
- Inside osTicket’s root dir, edit the index.php and comment (or delete) all the html code in order to see the template display correctly, then you just need to add this line before the footer in included: require(CLIENTINC_DIR.’main.inc.php’);. This bug and others will be fixed in the next release soon.